Punch up your scene with some additional light from the SF 40 Flash from Leica. Optimized for use with Leica’s latest cameras, the SF 40 has TTL support for automatic exposure and metering and it features a compact design with a useful output. Rated with a guide number of 131′ at ISO 100 and 105mm, this unit can easily illuminate a room or subject. Also, it has a zoom range of 24-105mm, which can be expanded to 16mm with the use of the pull-out diffusion panel, for excellent coverage with your lenses. On top of this, an LED video light with 9 output levels is available for lighting a scene for high resolution video capture.
Fully featured as a flash, the SF 40 offers both tilt up to 90° and a full 360° of rotation for complete bounce coverage. It can also be set as a wireless TTL slave flash when used with a compatible master unit. Recycle time ranges from 0.1-4 seconds and it runs on 4 AA batteries. Additionally, it has support for slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain sync modes.
- Guide number at ISO 100 of 131′ at 105mm and 89′ at 35mm position
- Full manual control option from 1/1 to 1/256 power
- Recycle time of 0.1 to 4 seconds
- Approximately 220 to 1,700 flashes on a single set of fully-charged batteries
- LED run time of about 3.5 hours with new batteries
- Color temperature of 5600K
- Wireless slave and wireless slave with TTL functionality
- Exposure compensation from -2 to +2 EV in 1/2 step increments
- AF assist beam with range of 2.3 to 16.4′
- Flash duration of 1/800 to 1/20,000 second
- Red-eye reduction modes
- Two selector dials on the back of the flash for changing modes and adjusting power settings
- LED light has 9 steps of output levels